Daiwa’s BG series has changed the game of what affordable quality looks like in heavy-duty spinning reels. Now, by combining Monocoque Body (MQ) technology with the mass market appeal of BG, 20 BG MQ is born.
Monocoque Body (MQ) is the single biggest revolution in spinning reel design from Daiwa by totally eliminating the traditional two-piece body construction. MQ reels don’t use any side plates and feature a completely screwless body design which eliminates potential entry points for water & grime, and significantly enhances overall body strength and rigidity.
The screwless design principle of MQ bodies are also significantly more compact than a standard body design. Screws need material to grip to, and that means more overall size and more mass in traditional body designs. By replacing the side plate with a machined aluminium engine plate which screws directly into the reel body, MQ reels can maximise the internal space made available by using larger size drive gears than before.
Throughout the entire line-up of BG MQ, vast improvements have been made to almost all areas of the reel design. The drag has been improved both in maximum capacity but also in smooth overall performance, drastically reducing the friction of the Carbon ATD drag - BG MQ’s drag performance is unmatched by the competition.
The MQ body construction not only has the obvious benefits of a stronger & more compact body design, it also delivers an increase in gear durability thanks to absolute zero movement of drivetrain components once installed inside an MQ body. Weather-sealing is also significantly improved, with seals visible in multiple locations throughout the reel, BG MQ is built for the harshest of environments.
Casting performance has also been improved with the implementation of Long Cast ABS (LC-ABS) spool design. LC-ABS spool design improves line flow from the spool, resulting in increased casting distances across the board with both heavy & light lines.
Throughout the BG MQ range, improvements have been made specific to the size of each reel to maximise their performance and overall appeal to each target market.
Small size BG MQ (2500-4000) feature dramatically larger sized drive gears. Middle sized models 5000 & 6000 now feature the Rigid Air Rotor design, maximising strength and appeal for mid-weight sportfishing applications. Larger size BG MQ from 8000-20000 receive huge benefits as a result of the MQ body, with the leg & main body drastically increased in strength without increasing weight.
BG MQ marks a new era in affordable saltwater spinning reels from Daiwa, with MQ technology now available to the masses. BG MQ is built for the harshest conditions and is set to once again revolutionise the industry. Available from 2500-20000 size, BG MQ is now aligned with 20 SALTIGA sizing.
Compared to conventional spools, the LC-ABS has been shown to increase the average flight distance by approx. 5% due to its reduced weight and modified shape.
Daiwa’s Automatic Tournament Drag uses an improved drag grease that exhibits a low viscosity at rest, yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag start up. This reduces initial drag start-up inertia and combined with the structural changes of the ATD Drag System results in a smoother drag from the initial hook up.
METAL ALLOY BODY
Rock solid in strength and performance, alloy is tailor made for Australian conditions and allows a reel to be created that is light, yet strong, and supremely rigid and highly corrosion resistant.
A one-piece frame eliminates the use of traditional two-piece body & sideplate construction. A single piece body utilises a screw-in engine plate to house the main gear, reducing flex and twist under load creating a sealed mechanism. The elimination of the side plate has also allowed for a more compact body design. MQ technology not only makes reels stronger & better sealed, but also more compact.
Please read the warranty policy carefully before purchasing a JDM (Japan Domestic Model) Rods/Reels.
The JDM Rod/Reels come with a Japan domestic warranty (which is the Japanese standard) and it is effective one year from the date of purchase to the original purchaser. There is no warranty card for reels, and you only need to provide the purchase receipt for claiming it. A warranty card will come with most of rods (except some low-price rods) and you need to provide it along with the purchase receipt.
The warranty does not cover claims arising from normal wear and tear, improper use or neglect or servicing. However, you have a chance to replace the broken section of the rod(multi-piece rods) or the whole rod(one-piece rods) within the one year warranty period(except some low price rods).This warranty service is available to use only one time and there is an excess fee (written on the warranty card) occurs. Also there is a $50 of international shipping fee occurs.
These rods/reels are only sold in Japan and no service or repair are available in Australia and we need to send them back to Japan. The service and repair fee will be quoted by manufacturer, and we charge a $50 of international shipping fee.
We will do our best to provide appropriate repair assistance given the nature of the damage.
Note: We accept warranty repair / service requests from existing customers but are unable to accommodate the requests for items purchased at another store.
Coastal Fishing Tackle Online shopping gives customers secure, easy & convenient shopping.
1. Unless previously quoted, you accept that if any unforeseen additional freight costs occur we will contact you and given the choice to either continue with your order and incur additional freight charges or cancel your order and receive a full refund.
2. Once payment has been accepted, we will process your order within 1-3 days and dispatched unless otherwise advised.
3. We will contact you via email if delays in shipping occur.
4. All prices are correct at time of publication, however we reserve the right to alter prices for any reason. If this happens after you have ordered a product, we will contact you prior to processing your order.
5. Due to changing market forces and other extenuating circumstances that affect product availability, and price stability we reserve the right to withdraw any product we advertise and change prices without notice.
Information contained throughout the web pages is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing. There may be misprints, human errors or omissions. We reserve the right to make changes and corrections in prices, products and specifications without notice.
We reserve the right to alter the agreed price if an incorrect price was caused by a software fault, error.
We accept below payments method:
- Online payment (Paypal, Credit Card, AfterPay, ZIP Pay)
- Bank Deposit
- Cash payment (Local pickup)
- Australia Domestic Shipping
- Orders over $150, size under 3kg weight/cubic : Free
- Orders under $150, size under 3kg weight/cubic : $8
- Order size over 3kg weight/cubic : $15
- Order size over 10kg weight/cubic : $25
- FREE Pick up is available from North Willoughby NSW during the opening hours.
* Items over 1m can't be delivered to a PO Box or Parcel Locker (only a residential address or business address).
** In the very rare case that an order incurs a higher postage rate than displayed (bulky items etc), Coastal Fishing Tackle reserves the right to request an additional postage charge and you will have the option to either cancel the order or continue with the order and incur the additional postage charge.
- International Shipping ( We sell products internationally to below countries at moment)
- New Zealand
- Order size under 500g weight/cubic : $15
- Order size under 1kg weight/cubic : $20
- Order size under 2kg weight/cubic : $25
- Other countries
- Order size under 500g weight/cubic : $25
- Order size under 1kg weight/cubic : $35
- Order size under 1.5kg weight/cubic : $50
- Order size under 2kg weight/cubic : $65
- We don't ship Items over 1m in length internationally as above rate. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a shipping quote.
- When shopping internationally you may incur customs charges, duties and GST from your Governments Customs Service. In most cases, any customs or import duties are charged once the parcel reaches your country. These charges are the responsibility of the person receiving the parcel and Coastal Fishing Tackle will not pay for or reimburse you for any of these charges and duties.
- Shipping Time Frame
We will contact within 2 business days if any problem arise regarding your order otherwise all orders will be shipped within 1-2 working days after payment is cleared. You will be notified by email once your order has been shipped. Standard delivery is approximately 1 to 4 business days for metropolitan areas and approximately 4 to 10 business days to other areas.